I was tagged by Kateka!The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Okay here are 6 interesting facts/habits about Aubrey!
1. I am not certain I want long hair. Although I have ventured into the realm of being afraid to cut my hair, and have nightmares that I have made the terrible mistake of cutting it. I am still attracted to short hair cuts, in many ways. I love the ease of short hair. I don't really like to brush my long hair, tangles are a very new concept and I wish they didn't exist. I find myself wearing it in ponytails, wondering what I have long hair for since I am painfully aware short hairstyles are my signature and are to date, the best look for me.
2. I am a nose picker. I am aware it is offensive and tissue is readily available in more than half the rooms in any give house hold. I have found that blowing doesn't always do the trick. I don't like hard boogers poking the inside of my nose and since childhood my instinct has been to get out the painful offenders as quickly as possible. It is a habit I would so love to be rid of as I am certain I will pass it on. The last thing I want is a little mini me Clara digging for gold in some nice restaurant, when I know everyone knows it is my fault. I am at a lack for a suitable substitution though. I was able to discontinue nail biting when I discovered how convenient clippers are, they are just as effective at getting rid of nails if you always have a pair on hand. I just haven't heard of anything that will pick your nose for you yet.
3. "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot, is my favorite poem ever. My senior year, in Advanced English, Mrs. Roach read it aloud to the class. I remember it like it was yesterday. She wanted us to analyze it as she read, try and make out the meaning. Naturally no one could. I was as confused as everyone when she was finished. Then she took us through it line by line, and it was like seeing the picture in those illusion books for the first time. All the lines took on meaning, I fell in love with the entire poem and a few lines in particular.
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
"I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
and in short, I was afraid."
"I grow old. . . I grow old. . .
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
I fell in love with the timing, the story and the way it unfolded. I fell in love with Prufrock and his overwhelming self consciousness. His deep feelings of inferiority. The poem lead my to many other poems by Eliot, gave me a great respect for him, and also a deep love for poetry.
4. I miss being surrounded by mountains. As we drove away, I assured Nathan he would never miss the mountains once we got to the ocean. We lived within a mile of the ocean for two years. It only took me 8 months after we drove away to realized how wrong I was, when the sight of the mountains that make up the Salt Lake Valley brought me to tears. Now I know that oceans, enormous lakes, famous bridges, or national forests, do not take the love of the mountains out of you.
5. I still love the Backstreet Boys. Back in the Backstreet glory days, my best friend was my neighbor and mother of two Alisa (said A-lee-sa). She was 25, I was 15. I babysat for her, you could say she was like an older sister. We would obsess for hours watching Carson Daily announce the top ten, on MTV's Total Request Live. Hoping and praying our beloved "Boys" made the top spot. I saw them in concert with her, when I was in 10th grade. I was so in love with Nick. I wore cloud print pajama pants for some reason and worshiped him standing atop my chair with tears in my eyes. Every teen has a hot celebrity pop star crush and he was mine. I put their CD in the other day, and thought of Lise. Maybe she is why I love them still. It reminds me of a time of joy, and fun with my the surrogate older sister. I texted her and told her how much I missed her and she told me about their new song, that she loves and I now love, so I still love the Backstreet Boys!
6. We will name him James Blake Hatch. We are hoping hoping hoping, for a boy. James is a very important name. It is both Nathan's and my Grandpa's name, so we will be naming him for two different people. Plus I was named after a song, I love the song "Sweet Baby James" By James Taylor, and I secretly hold him as a name sake as well, because I love him so much and so does my Dad. I feel it is very important to name your children something that has meaning to you. We named Claralynne after Nathan's Grandma, and gave her my Mother's first name, Jae, as Clara's middle name. Blake is my Father's and brother's middle name. So, like Claralynne, he will have a lot of meaning in his name.
I don't know what we will name it if it is a girl.
I don't have a lot of blog readers, so I will tag two of the three people I know do read it, my Mom and Mitzi. Kateka would have been three but she tagged me!
Tuesday, November 13
I would be very happy if Cloche hats were fashionable again. I would not be content without my laptop or movie collection. I wish life were smaller, and could be reached on foot. My closet door is never closed and usually has a towel hanging off it. I could kiss Nathan all day. Midwifery has changed me. Motherhood has made me. I am not a cleaner. I don't just sing in the shower. I prefer a t-shirt and jeans, with no make-up on. I love the way my hair looks when I have done it. I hate to do my hair. I want more pictures on my walls. Family is not a word I limit, nor is friend. I am a few marbles short, and a lot uptight. I cry more when pregnant, I puke less. I need no best friend, I have a Mom. Guitar is the best instrument. I don't watch football. I like my dog less than usual. I don't have to share chocolate covered cherries with Nathan. I don't like to nap. I love to sleep, I am going to try and go back now.